- Monday 7.00 - 16.30
- Tuesday 7.00 - 16.30
- Wednesday 7.00 - 16.30
- Thursday 7.00 - 16.30
- Friday 7.00 - 16.30
- Saturday 7.00 - 16.30
- Sunday 7.00 - 16.30
Car Detailing: The Complete Guide
Once we have completed all your repairs, we then have our specialized team detail the area of damage.
What is car detailing? Car detailing is the process of thoroughly cleaning and rejuvenating the inside and outside of a car. It’s a more thorough cleaning than a typical car wash, and it can include a range of services such as waxing, polishing, and even engine cleaning.
Here’s a complete guide to car detailing and the various services it could include:
Exterior detailing involves cleaning the outside of the car and restoring its original shine. This could include:
- Washing and drying the car
- Clay bar treatment to remove contaminants from the paint
- Polishing to remove scratches and swirl marks
- Waxing to protect the paint and add shine
- Tire and wheel cleaning and tire dressing
- Headlight restoration
Interior detailing involves cleaning and rejuvenating the inside of the car. This could include:
- Vacuuming the seats, carpets, and trunk
- Cleaning and conditioning the leather or vinyl upholstery
- Cleaning and detailing the dashboard, door panels, and center console
- Cleaning and protecting the windows and mirrors
- Odor removal
Full detailing combines both exterior and interior detailing for a complete transformation of your car. This is a great option if you want to give your car a thorough cleaning and restore it to its original condition.
Engine detailing involves cleaning the engine bay and restoring it to a like-new condition. This can include degreasing, washing, and protecting the engine components.
How Often Should You Detail Your Car?
How often you should detail your car depends on how often you drive it, where you drive it, and how well you take care of it. If you drive your car daily and it’s exposed to dirt, dust, and harsh weather conditions, you may want to detail it every few months. If you only drive your car occasionally and take good care of it, you may be able to go longer between detailing sessions.
Tips for Maintaining a Detailed Car
To maintain the clean and refreshed look of your car after a detailing session, follow these tips:
- Wash your car regularly to remove dirt and grime.
- Avoid eating or drinking in the car to prevent spills and stains.
- Use seat covers and floor mats to protect the seats and carpets.
- Park in the shade to prevent fading and cracking of the paint and interior surfaces.
Not all of these services are included with each repair, but we will do any detailing we deem necessary and that your insurance company will approve. These results will vary.